NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY, AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO US LAW.
1. TERM: The entry period for this sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m., EST on November 15, 2016 and may end at the sole discretion of the Sponsor at such time as Sponsor has received at least 2,000 responses to the survey, but in any case no later than midnight on November 21, 2016
2. HOW TO ENTER: Complete and submit the survey. Limit one entry per person and per e-mail address. No mechanical reproductions or automated entries permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or ineligible entries that are not timely received or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States, including Washington DC, 13 years of age or older at the time of entry, who already have access to the internet as of the date the contest is first advertised. Void where prohibited by law. Employees (including immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each) of Sponsors and their affiliates and subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers are not eligible. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. The laws of the United States govern this promotion.
4. PRIZES: Within 30 days after end of the entry period for the sweepstakes, and in any event, the sponsor will conduct a random drawing of 3 winners from among all eligible entries. The 3 winners will win $100 payable in American Express gift cards. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. ALL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. A potential winner forfeits the prize, in Sponsor’s discretion, if not claimed within seven days of first attempted notification, whether notification is by e-mail, regular mail or telephone, or, if after reasonable attempts are made, notification is unsuccessful. In such event, Sponsor may, in its discretion, award the prize to an alternate winner. Prize is not transferable, except at discretion of Sponsor. No substitution of prize by winner, but in the event of unavailability, Sponsor will substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The prize is awarded WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND from Sponsor, express or implied, without limitation. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this contest.
5. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Potential prize recipients may, in Sponsor’s discretion, be required to sign and return an Affirmation of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release, or other documentation required by Sponsor, within 21 days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply will result in forfeiture of prize and award to an alternate winner.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner's name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Entrants further grant Sponsor the right to use and publish their proper name and state of residence online, in print and any other media in connection with this contest. By entering, participants release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in this contest or acceptance or use of the prize. By entering, you agree to Sponsor's use of your personal information as described herein.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering the contest, entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of- pocket expenses.
8. CONSTRUCTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of New York, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. INDIVIDUAL ENTRY ONLY. Each entry must be submitted only by the entrant, and only at the authorized web site address. Entries submitted by any other individual or any entity originating at any other Internet web site or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and, as such, ruled ineligible for this promotion.
10. TAMPERING; TECHNICAL PROBLEMS. The contest shall be void and Sponsor shall have no responsibility or liability therefore if, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure or any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
11. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a winners list for this contest please send a self, addressed, stamped envelope to:
Dow Jones & Company
1211 Ave of the Americas
NY, NY 10036
Attn: Camille Taglia, Dow Jones Managing Director of Research/Business Development
12. SPONSOR: The sponsor of this contest ("Sponsor") is Dow Jones & Company. Sponsor’s address is: 1211 Ave of the Americas, New York, NY 10036. Please do not send contest entries to this address.