NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES
THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY, AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO US LAW.
1. TERM: The entry period for this sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m., New York City Time on February 4, 2016 and ends at midnight New York City Time on February 5, 2017
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, you must join one of the following Dow Jones Opinion communities: 2016 WSJ Opinion Leaders, 2016 Barron’s Opinion Board, or 2016 MarketWatch Opinion Board, by completing the onboarding questionnaire and being selected as a member. Limit one entry per person and per e-mail address. No mechanical reproductions or automated entries permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or ineligible entries that are not timely received or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington DC, 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees (including immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each) of Sponsor, Administrator and their affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. The laws of the United States govern this promotion.
4. PRIZE DRAWING: Within 30 days after end of the entry period for the sweepstakes, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to select one potential prize winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. ALL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Potential prize winners will be notified by the “Administrator” (e.g., by email, mail or telephone). A potential winner forfeits the prize, in Sponsor’s discretion, if not claimed within three days of first attempted notification, whether notification is by e-mail, regular mail or telephone, or, if after reasonable attempts are made, notification is unsuccessful. In such event, Sponsor may, in its discretion, award the prize to an alternate winner. If potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the requested Affirmation of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release, as set forth below, (or such other documentation as Sponsor may request) within the required time period, potential winner shall, in Sponsor's sole discretion, be deemed to have forfeited the prize. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules; and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award the applicable prize to an alternate potential winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
5. PRIZE: One (1) prize: One prize consisting of a $1000 cash check. Prize is not transferable, except at discretion of Sponsor. No substitution of prize by winner, but in the event of unavailability, Sponsor will substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. The prize is awarded WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND from Sponsor, express or implied, without limitation. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this contest.
6. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Potential prize recipients (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) may, in Sponsor’s discretion, be required to sign and return an Affirmation of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release, or other documentation, within 5 - 7 days following the date of first attempted notification, which will be sent by Administrator. Failure to comply will result in forfeiture of prize and award to an alternate winner.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner's name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Entrants further grant Sponsor the right to use and publish their proper name and state of residence online, in print and any other media in connection with this contest. By entering, participants release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in this contest or acceptance or use of the prize. In addition, acceptance of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering the contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
9. INDIVIDUAL ENTRY ONLY. Each entry must be submitted only by the entrant, and only at the authorized web site address. Entries submitted by any other individual or any entity originating at any other Internet web site or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and, as such, ruled ineligible for this promotion.
10. TAMPERING; TECHNICAL PROBLEMS. The contest shall be void and Sponsor shall have no responsibility or liability therefore if, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or otherwise engages in disruptive or unsportsmanlike behavior, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure or any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Federal or State courts located in The City of New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
12. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a winners list for this contest please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope within 60 days after end of the entry period to:
2016 Dow Jones Community Recruitment
Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
1211 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Attn: Executive Director, Global Consumer Insights
13. SPONSOR: The sponsor of this contest is Dow Jones & Company, Inc. ("Sponsor"). Sponsor’s address is: 1211 Ave of the Americas, New York, NY 10036. Please do not send contest entries to this address.
14. ADMINISTRATOR: The administrator of this contest is Vision Critical Communications, Inc. ("Administrator”). Administrator’s address is Vision Critical Communications Inc., Attention: Incentives Team, 200 Granville Street, MZ, Vancouver, BC, V6C 1S4